Monday, April 25, 2011

Two Dollar Frames!

This week is finals week and I couldn't be happier to be done with school! I can just see summer vacation now :) (hope my brain doesn't go into hibernation mode before I Friday). Since we've moved I begun a new hobby! A lot of our furniture is wearing (did I mention this is my 8th move in 4 years!?) from moving so much, so I have decided to replace a lot of it with real wood. The particle boards are not staying together (don't ever buy particle board!). So I have begun to buy old WOOD furniture and restore it, either by painting or staining it. I'm still in the process of learning how to do this, but it has been a blast! I have searched many antique and thrift stores in the last month and I have found some pretty great pieces. I am really excited to get them finished! I have also been redecorating our home and making it more us. So I will be sharing many refurbished projects and new crafts all summer long. I can't wait! I hope you will come back and see what I've been working on!
Today, I want to share a little craft I did with dollar store frames, printed out patterns, and a little canvas paper and paint. 

 Picture Frames are from the Dollar Tree


 Pattern backgrounds are from Sprik Space, if you haven't already, you should definitely check out her blog. These were simply printed off from home.

 I used canvas paper I had, cut out two squares (one larger than the other) painted them with light blue and light brown to match. Taped them together with double sided tape and drew a L and S with a white paint marker.

This was simple, fast, and easy! Best part is it cost $2.00! [actually it was free since I already had the frames :)]



Sharing with:
Tatertots and Jello







Anything Related
Photobucket






5 comments:

Aimee said...

So cute, Lisa! I featured this on Sprik Space's FB page today. :)

Emily said...

Such a cute idea! Love your blog!!! Your pictures are all amazing...you're such a great photographer.
-emily
nestnestingnested.blogspot

Renee said...

Very cute! I love projects that are either free or very low cost.
I found you from the link party & glad I did :)
Renee@ http://reneeschirpings.blogspot.com

Michaela said...

Oh! So cute! What a great little idea (:

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, Lisa! I'm admiring all your creative posts here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...