Friday, March 23, 2012

My Me Time with Life on LeRoy

I am so excited to start this My Me Time Series today! Kicking it off with the lovely Alli who blogs over at Life on LeRoy. Alli is one busy Momma, from working full time, to wife, to mother of a tot and blogger, she has a packed schedule! Keep reading to find out how this busy Momma grantees her "me" time.
 ****

Hey fellow bloggers, I'm Alli and I blog over at Life on LeRoy.  Thank you so much Lisa for having me on your blog today.  As soon as I read Lisa's post about her "Me Time" series I had to participate so I emailed her immediately! I love this idea and I hope that others become inspired along the way.


What do you do for your “me” time?

First, I wanted to start out by giving you a little glimpse into my life. I work full time, I have one energetic beautiful, charming 2 year-old little man (Dayton), an amazing husband (Tony) and what I like to consider a full time blog. I consider myself to be fairly busy. Ever since we had our baby I've found it extremely hard to devote time to myself. In fact, I feel extremely selfish when I do. Our families live in the same town we do and they usually end up begging us to babysit just so I can have some time to myself. When I do take advantage of this precious time to myself there's several things I enjoy doing. For one, I love and live for the outdoors! I love grabbing my camera and going for a long hike. Oftentimes I'll just find a spot in the woods or along a river and just sit and meditate. Reflect on what's going on in my life, where I want my life to go, reflect on the wife I hope I am and the mom I strive to be.  I also enjoy cooking.  I love messing up our kitchen and trying new recipes.  Usually when I'm cooking I have someone hanging on my leg at the same time so to have a little time to myself while cooking is breathtaking!

What do you do to ensure that you get your “me” time? i.e. do you wake up early or stay up late?

This is a great question and from reading my answer above, you can see I'm not very good at ensuring I get that time in like I should.  If my me time comes on the weekends I love to get the time in during the day when I'm most awake :)  If it's during the week and I'm getting away for a walk or something outside, then it would be after our little guy is in bed for the night.  I can't sit in bed and watch TV in the evenings because I can't sit still for that long!


How much does it mean to you to get time to yourself?

Getting time to myself is in a way priceless to me.  It's my time that no one else can take away from me. It's almost empowering because you can do what you want to do.  I tend to try to find things that I don't get to do very often or things that I would rather do by myself. 

How often do you get your “me” time?

Umm...not often enough ;)  But in all honesty I am trying to take some time for myself each week.  My husband has done an amazing job at encouraging me to do this.  He knows how much this time means to me and how refreshed I am afterwards. 


Why do you think it is important for women to have that time to invest in something they enjoy?

If we don't invest in the things we enjoy, we will lose ourselves.  Of course being a mom, a wife and everything else is undeniably important, but to never lose who you are is just as important.  I know personally as a mom and wife I spend about 99.5% of my time trying to take care of my son and husband so to have things that I enjoy doing as well is so important to me.  I notice that every time I get a little me time in I come back being refreshed and ready to be a better wife and mom.  This is why that time is so important.  So we can be the best we can be!
Thanks so much again for having me Lisa! 
Remember to take time for yourself! No one is going to do it for you.
XOXO
****

Thank you Alli! Your post reminds us all why it is important to get time alone. I love that your me time varies from little walks to long hikes to cooking. We all find our own ways to get our me time, and I hope this will inspire other women to make sure they take a little time out of their day for theirs.

To learn more about My Me Time Series, click here.
If you are interested in taking part of this series, email me at Mommasmetime@gmail.com

My Me Time

8 comments:

Lottie said...

Time for yourself is so important at any age and it makes you realise what makes you tick and keeps you going with your interests and the things that make you you.

Love this series.

Allyson said...

What a great post! I can't wait to check out the rest of the series!

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com/

Kelly said...

What a great series!! Thanks for sharing!

Kelly

Jeremy and Megan said...

I'm new to your blog and LOVE this series!! :) Great advice!!

Lindsay @ Trial By Sapphire said...

I loved it! What a great way to kick off the series!

The White List said...

Your blog is amazing!!!! You are brilliant! Fantastic post! Have a brill day!

www.the-white-list.co.uk

the hollie rogue said...

LOVE THIS SERIES!

Haili Hunter said...

Way to kick a girl in the butt. I often forget that I'm not just a mom and a wife. I am ME. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...