Thursday, April 4, 2013

Birth Plan

Since we are so close to the end of this pregnancy, I thought I would share our birth plans. I actually feel like this pregnancy has flown by, up until this last month, it must be the anticipation of meeting her! Now I am feeling very anxious and impatient to just hold her in my arms. Looking forward to that moment has also been bring a lot of stress about her birth.

 photo 20130223-IMG_3200_zps3ebf3385.jpg

With my pregnancy with E, he flipped into the breech position at 39 weeks, so I had a c-section. This time around I had the option to have a repeat csection or a vbac. Early on in this pregnancy we decided to have a repeat csection and had an appointment set up for April 10th. However, when we started to think about it in detail, we started to doubt our decision. A repeat c-section would mean a longer hospital stay and a longer recovery process. Both of which I feel will hinder my job as a mom. I don't want to spend extra days in the hospital away from E, and I don't want to spend the first few weeks recovering from surgery.

At this point, we still have the csection appointment setup, but we are leaning toward a vbac. I would love to just go into labor on my own and have a healthy delivery, but of course there is no guarantees.  A milion thoughts have ran through my head about this delivery. "What if I go into labor and I'm not able to deliver and need a c-section anyways? What if I go into labor and it's too much for me to handle? What if I have a csection and the recovery isn't as smooth as last time? What if, what if, what if?"

Now we are down to crunch time, 6 days left until our set csection date. Although I know I can cancel the c-section and wait it out, my husband and I made the decision to go ahead with the c-section if I don't go into labor on my own before that date. This is something we have prayed about over and over. It something that has weighed heavily on our hearts for so long. I know a lot of people have strong views on vbacs (believe me, I've heard them all), but that is the decision we have made.

We've prayed about it and I am finally feeling at peace knowing that things will happen the way they are intended to. Either way, c-section or vbac, it's all in God's hands. The most important thing is that he has entrusted us with this precious gift, and in the end it doesn't matter which way she comes out, we will be blessed and our hearts will be full!

 Photobucket

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Praying for a smooth delivery for you guys! Like you said, either option- God is in control. And the most exciting - next week at this time you will have your bundle of joy! Congratulations on your new little one :)

Erika said...

Good luck! I am in the same situation, and I'm trying to decide what to do. I think your decision was a good one for you and your family - and I hope it goes as smoothly as possible:)

Lesley @ Everyday Moments said...

I feel the same way. This pregnancy flew by but this last month feels like time is crawling. You are so so close though. We had to make a decision about an early induction with our second and I remember feeling so uneasy about it but ultimately it was what we and our doctor felt led to do and it was a the best decision. Praying whatever you decide will be the best plan for a healthy mom and baby!

wHiT | Black Little Button blog said...

so close my dear! Best of luck. I look forward to seeing her on the blog soon! :)
-wHiT

yours truly said...

Whichever God decides is the best decision, I pray that you have a healthy little one and a smooth recovery!

Momma Burd said...

Its so wonderful that you have the option of either the c-section or vbac! Either way healthy baby bird prayers going out to you and your sweet family! <3

visit us sometime :) www.somethinglikeafairytale.com

Ruthie Hart said...

I am going to pray that you guys are led to a certain birth plan and that Avi comes out safely and healthy! Heather Boersma (heatherboersma.com) just had a successful vbac!I am sure she would share with ya

Julie Marie said...

So this means in 6 days she will be here?? So excited for you. As you know I had the 3 csections and aside from the hospital stay length, it all went well. I did have one small issue w jada for a few days where it felt like someone knocked the wind out of me for a couple days. I assume that is just due to the movement of my organs. anyways everything ended up fine :) as long as everyone is healthy right ? :)

Katie said...

she will be here SO soon! I can't wait to see her! I'll be praying for you as you either go into labor or go in in 6 days. Either way God is in control!

V Foley said...

Be at peace, my dear. I will be praying for a smooth delivery! I am so excited for you and your family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...