Friday, April 26, 2013

First Week as a Family of Four

 photo null_zps076430c0-1_zpsf05f6c40.jpg

It's hard to believe it has already been a week since we became a family of four, but at the same time it feels like Aviana has always been a part of our family. As much as I daydreamed and imagined what life would be like once Avi arrived, it could never measure up to how great reality is, my heart feels so full! I've never been so happy in my whole life. If anything has ever felt right, it's being the momma of these two.

 photo collage-1_zpsa087ef99.jpg

Of course, like anything new in life, it takes sometime to fully adjust. E loves being a big brother and helping with Avi. He will grab wipes or burp cloths when we ask him to. He has been good about sharing the attention and we have made a strong effort to give him some one-on-one time with the both of us.

This is my husbands first time taking care of a newborn. He was deployed for the first two months of E's life. It's been amazing to go through this stage with him this time. He has quickly gone from nervous to natural. Plus, he's pretty good at changing diapers ;)

 photo null_zps4e04f9cd-1_zps961c4f8f.jpg

As far as sleep goes, the first two days in the hospital were rough. Avi did not like the hospital crib, at all! Every time we set her down, just as we were about to fall asleep, she would wake back up. Literally every ten minutes she was up. She would only sleep in someones arms, which meant we got no sleep because the hospital bans anyone from sleeping with their baby (for safety measures).

 photo c1_zps3eee2adf.jpg
Avi's sleeping habits completely changed when we brought her home from the hospital. She sleeps so much now! I was concerned that she was sleeping too much and asked her pediatrician if that was okay ha! She assured me everything was normal. Some people just luck out with amazing sleepers, we're not complaining ;)

 photo c2_zps90e5fe00.jpg

Recovering from my csection has been going great. So great that I was able to leave the hospital a whole day early. Although I can tell a difference in my recovery this time around, my body isn't as young haha. I'm only 25, but with my first csection I was 20, and honestly, 5 years makes a difference! I am a lot more sore this time and I've had to take my medicine more than I did the first time. I've also had so much swelling from the waste down. I didn't have this post pregnancy swelling the first time, and let me tell ya, it's miserable! However, I still feel blessed that there were no major complications with the surgery and I am thankful to be recovering as quickly as I am.

 photo collage2_zps6a0f448f.jpg

Avi's stats:

Weight: She was born at 7 lbs, 7 oz but quickly lost weight, down to 7 lbs, 3 oz just a few hours after birth, then down to 6 lbs, 13 oz a day later. By the time we left the hospital Avi was down to 6 lbs, 8 oz which was concerning to our pediatrician. Babies are expected to lose weight after birth, but shouldn't lose more than 10%. Since her pediatrician was concerned we had to make after hour appointments to check her weight over the weekend. Once my breast milk came in though, she started to gain and her weight spiked back up.

Feeding: Avi is doing an amazing job with breastfeeding. She eats every 2-3 hours during the day and every 4 hrs at night. E wasn't such a good breast feeder and by two months we found out he had a milk protein allergy. I am really hoping and praying Avi doesn't develop the same allergy. So far there are no signs. 

First:
Smile: We got to see Avi's first smile this week! Of course the smiles are only during her naps but they still melt my heart :)

Shopping experience: Just four days postpartum we made our first trip to Target. Avi's closet was stocked with spring clothing (who was expecting snow in mid April??) so we had to stop and pick up some warmer things for her. My girl is already a great shopping buddy hehe.

Family walk: We only made it to the corner and back, but it was her first official family walk, one of many!

 photo c3_zps8a691ba8.jpg
Photobucket

13 comments:

Ruthie Hart said...

It looks like your precious girl is falling right into place in your family. The pic of E just looking at her.... oh my gosh! heart melting. And I love her dark hair! Hope baby Hart has a lot of it!

The Not Quite Military Wife said...

She is so beautiful!

Hanna said...

She's absolutely beautiful!!!! I'm so glad the transition seems to be going good!! Girl your only 25??? I'm 34 and just had #3. now I feel oooooold:) ha!!!
Funny the hospital I was at doesn't even have a nursery and fully condone co-sleeping while in the hospital!
Blessings to you and your beautiful family!!

Julie Marie said...

she is so very precious and i am so happy for you guys... let me know when i can come visit!! i wanna meet her!

Leilani said...

She is precious! I just love seeing all the pics you post of her. Makes me so excited to have a newborn in August. <3

Jennifer Blair said...

I am just smitten with your babies! Avi is such a gorgeous baby girl!

Allie @ Between Dreams said...

Just found your blog! Your daughter is just too cute for words! (And how amazing is it that she's a good sleeper!)

betweendreamstheblog.blogspot.com

JeNeal Brown said...

Adorable congrats!!!

Sew Much To Say said...

She is absolutely beautiful! And the way E is looking at her in that one picture on the bed is so precious!

Amanda Rose
http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

YAY congrats girl! Shes beautiful!

Ngôi Nhà Vui said...


Biet Thu Hien Dai
Biet Thu Co Dien
Thiet Ke Biet Thu
Thiet Ke Biet Thu

Thuan Thuận said...

Thiet Ke Nha Xuong|Biet Thu Vuon |Biet Thu|Mau Biet Thu

khanh huynh xuan said...


I like your post and I am truly happy to post my comment on your website. Very informative and helpful post. You have good command on the topic and have explained in a very nice way. Thanks for sharing. Can ho vista verde,dien dan an uong,dat nen dai quang minh

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...